The Canon EOS 1200D (Alternative names: EOS Kiss X70 in Japan, and EOS Rebel T5 in USA) is the second generation model from the Canon DSLR family in the entry model range. The EOS 1200D replaced the Canon EOS 1100D.
Weighing in at 0.435 kg and measuring 129.6 (W) x 99.7 (H) x 77.9 (D) mm , this 18.1 million effective pixels DSLR camera is aimed at the entry-level user.
Some additional features are as follows:
- Body material: Plastic.
- Image Processor: DIGIC IV
- Lens Compatibility: With EF/EF-S lenses.
- ISO Sensitivity: 100-6400
- Monitor: 3.0″ LCD monitor.
- Battery: Lithium-Ion LP-E10 rechargeable battery
- Output formats: RAW+JPEG, JPEG
The complete spec sheet can be found here.
The Canon EOS 1200D is a worthy successor to the 1100D, and is expected to continue to be the best seller that the 1100D was, at the entry-user level.